St. George’s Anglican Church
51 Church St., Moncton, NB E1C 4Z3
Church Office: 506-855-5209 Fax: 506-388-4866
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Reverend Chris VanBuskirk
The Rev. Dr. Dan Goodwin
The Rev. Deacon Norm Dupuis
Saint Andrews Anglican Church
The Mission Hall was opened, Sunday September 12, 1909, with a service conducted by the Rector, Rev. Canon W.B. Sisam and was dedicated by the Rt. Rev. John Richardson, Bishop of Fredericton. The original purpose of the building was for Sunday School classes and the Bishop expressed his confidence that the congregation would someday become a Church. The Brotherhood of St. Andrew, a group of Scottish men, had a part in establishing the Hall.
The Guild, a small group of dedicated ladies helped to pay the debt for the hall and provided funds for additional furnishings and supplies through the years. St. Andrew's Mission Hall had grown to such an extent that, in 1971, plans were made for considerable enlargement. A new sanctuary was added to the original Hall and a wing for kitchen, nursery, and supplies was constructed The Building was debt free by December 1978 and the Lord Bishop of Fredericton, The Rev. Harold Nutter, dedicated the Church for the Worship of God on May 6, 1979.
In 1990 the Church added an extension to the building which enlarged the hall and includes a new kitchen and Sunday School rooms.
In September 1999, St Andrews became a partner in shared ministry with the parish of Hillsborough and Riverside Albert to be served by one priest; and so the congregation continues in faithful ministry to the people of Sunny Brae and beyond.